Playa del Macao Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Playa del Macao on the North Coast is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the north. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of .
Overall Playa del Macao Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at Playa del Macao over a normal... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa del Macao surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa del Macao
Visitor Reviews of Playa del Macao
“Plata El Macao is my local surf spot. It is a beautiful and natural hidden place, one of the most beautiful beaches within the DR.
Surfing is great here, there's a surf-camp "Macao Surf Camp" where you and your family and friends can learn how to surf. It is an excellent spot even for pro surfers and beginners.
At MSC you can eat fresh "just caught": fish as mahi mahi, kingfish , snapper and others. They have a small restaurant just a few steps from the beach. The owners are local old pro surfers well known in the DR surfer's community and they will be pleased to serve and help you in almost anything.
You will find a very convenient price for a surf lesson that you wont be disappointed, and you will surf on your first day, surfboards for rent, fresh water, dress booths, bar with all kind of drinks and if eventually you need to repair your surfboard, they can do it for you as well.
I started surfing on January 2014, after 6 months visiting every week the beach now I have improved a lot and and defining my own style.”
PAUL BARROS from DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - 22 Jun 2014
Ski Resorts closest to Playa del Macao:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1426 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1433 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1442 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1443 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1444 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa del Macao is Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ) in Dominican Republic, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa del Macao is La Romana International Airport (LRM), also in Dominican Republic, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Las Americas International (Santo Domingo) Airport (SDQ) in Dominican Republic, 124 km (77 miles) away.
- Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic is 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Rafael Hernandez (Aguadilla) Airport (BQN) in Puerto Rico is the fifth nearest airport to Playa del Macao and is 153 km (95 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa del Macao, North East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa del Macao sea temperature, Playa del Macao photographs, Playa del Macao detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa del Macao webcams, current wind from North East Coast live weather stations and Playa del Macao tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa del Macao.