Playa de Tagle Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Playa de Tagle in Cantabria is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Overcrowding can even make surfing hazardous.
Overall Playa de Tagle Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This picture shows the combination of swells directed at Playa de Tagle over a normal S... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa de Tagle surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cantabria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa de Tagle
Tide stations nearest to Playa de Tagle:
- Closest tide stationSuances3 mi
- Second closest tide stationSanta Cruz de Bezana10 mi
- Third closest tide stationEl Astillero14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSantander16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSantona32 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa de Tagle:
- Closest ski areaLunada (Spain)29 mi
- Second closest ski areaAlto Campoo (Spain)30 mi
- Third closest ski areaPicos De Europa (Spain)48 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaFuentes de Invierno (Spain)70 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSan-Isidro (Spain)71 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa de Tagle:
- Closest city locationTorrelavega (Spain)6 mi
- Second closest city locationCamargo (Spain)10 mi
- Third closest city locationSantander (Spain)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCastro-Urdiales (Spain)45 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanturtzi (Spain)54 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Tagle is Santander Airport (SDR) in Spain, 23 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Tagle is Bilbao Airport (BIO), also in Spain, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Vitoria Airport (VIT) in Spain, 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Asturias (Aviles) Airport (OVD) in Spain is 157 km (98 miles) away.
- San Sebastian Airport (EAS), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Tagle and is 187 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa de Tagle, Cantabria. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa de Tagle sea temperature, Playa de Tagle photographs, Playa de Tagle detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa de Tagle webcams, current wind from Cantabria live weather stations and Playa de Tagle tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa de Tagle.