Playa de Somo Spot ID
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.0 °C
Playa de Somo in Cantabria is a sheltered beach break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the north northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Take special care here if it gets very crowded.
Overall Playa de Somo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Playa de Somo through ... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa de Somo surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cantabria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa de Somo
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Somo is Santander Airport (SDR) in Spain, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Somo is Bilbao Airport (BIO), also in Spain, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Vitoria Airport (VIT) in Spain, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain is 159 km (99 miles) away.
- Anglet (Biarritz-bayonne) Airport (BIQ) in France is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Somo and is 180 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa de Somo, Cantabria. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa de Somo sea temperature, Playa de Somo photographs, Playa de Somo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa de Somo webcams, current wind from Cantabria live weather stations and Playa de Somo tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa de Somo.