El Sardinero - Primera Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.9 °C
Playa de Sardinero in Cantabria is a very sheltered beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the favoured times of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the southwest with some shelter here from west winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's often crowded here. Take special care here if it gets very crowded.
For Santander, Spain, 1 km from El Sardinero - Primera.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Santander, 1 km from El Sardinero - Primera.
|light winds from the SW|
Overall El Sardinero - Primera Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at El Sardinero - Primera over... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Sardinero - Primera surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cantabria surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Sardinero - Primera
Visitor Reviews of El Sardinero - Primera
Tide stations nearest to El Sardinero - Primera:
- Closest tide stationSantander1 mi
- Second closest tide stationEl Astillero6 mi
- Third closest tide stationSanta Cruz de Bezana6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSuances14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSantona17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Sardinero - Primera:
- Closest ski areaLunada (Spain)22 mi
- Second closest ski areaAlto Campoo (Spain)43 mi
- Third closest ski areaPicos De Europa (Spain)65 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaFuentes de Invierno (Spain)86 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSan-Isidro (Spain)87 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Sardinero - Primera:
- Closest city locationSantander (Spain)7 mi
- Second closest city locationCamargo (Spain)8 mi
- Third closest city locationTorrelavega (Spain)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCastro-Urdiales (Spain)29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanturtzi (Spain)39 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Sardinero is Santander Airport (SDR) in Spain, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Sardinero is Bilbao Airport (BIO), also in Spain, 73 km (45 miles) away.
- Third is Vitoria Airport (VIT) in Spain, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain is 162 km (101 miles) away.
- Asturias (Aviles) Airport (OVD), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Sardinero and is 182 km (113 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Sardinero - Primera, Cantabria. Use the tab navigation above to view El Sardinero - Primera sea temperature, El Sardinero - Primera photographs, El Sardinero - Primera detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Sardinero - Primera webcams, current wind from Cantabria live weather stations and El Sardinero - Primera tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Sardinero - Primera.