Playa de Levante Spot ID
Photo credit: DAVIDTORRALBA
Best: Swell E | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.8 °C
Playa de Levante-Las Arenas in Andalucia is a sheltered beach break. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the west southwest. Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave angle is from the north. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around low tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of the strong rips here.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Valencia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa de Levante
Visitor Reviews of Playa de Levante
“Playa de Levante covers in fact two beaches: Las Arenas and La Patacona. Same conditions in both: generally inconsistent surf, can get very windy (can be kiter-crowded), so currents can be strong and you have got to watch out. Only rarely surfer-crowed.
Best incoming swell is from NE (depressions coming from the Gulf of Lion make the best waves, so this is what you need to check when looking at wave forecasts for the area), offshore winds come from W/NW, period relatively short.
Surf can be really consistent in winter but you can also enjoy more summer-surfing days that you would expect from a med spot - sun block a must. When it gets hard, spot handles up to 8-10 feet so you can really enjoy a good session here - though you need to be lucky as you will find no more than 5-10 big days a season.
Sand bar spot so breaking waves both sides. SUP is funny too when choppy / summer waves. Some bottom rocks but no big hazard. Water is quite clear and better than previous years.”
powrider from SPAIN - 05 Jun 2013
Tide stations nearest to Playa de Levante:
- Closest tide stationAlboraya2 mi
- Second closest tide stationValencia4 mi
- Third closest tide stationMeliana4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMassamagrell7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPucol11 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa de Levante:
- Closest ski areaJavalambre (Spain)58 mi
- Second closest ski areaValdelinares (Spain)65 mi
- Third closest ski areaLa-Pinilla (Spain)204 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPort Del Comte (Spain)211 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPuerto de Navafria (Spain)212 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa de Levante:
- Closest city locationValencia (Spain)4 mi
- Second closest city locationMislata (Spain)5 mi
- Third closest city locationXirivella (Spain)6 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBurjassot (Spain)6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCatarroja (Spain)6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Levante is Valencia Airport (VLC) in Spain, 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Levante is Alicante Airport (ALC), also in Spain, 133 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Ibiza Airport (IBZ) in Spain, 161 km (100 miles) away.
- Murcia San Javier Airport (MJV) in Spain is 193 km (120 miles) away.
- Reus Airport (REU), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Levante and is 226 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa de Levante, Valencia. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa de Levante sea temperature, Playa de Levante photographs, Playa de Levante detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa de Levante webcams, current wind from Valencia live weather stations and Playa de Levante tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa de Levante.