Playa de Lanzada Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.2 °C
Playa de Lanzada in Galicia is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the optimum swell angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and there is also a left hand reef break.. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded.
For O Grove, 5 km from Playa de Lanzada.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Pontevedra, 19 km from Playa de Lanzada.
|light winds from the W|
State of sky unchanged
Overall Playa de Lanzada Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Playa de Lanzada thr... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa de Lanzada surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Galicia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa de Lanzada
Visitor Reviews of Playa de Lanzada
Tide stations nearest to Playa de Lanzada:
- Closest tide stationO Grove3 mi
- Second closest tide stationSanxenxo5 mi
- Third closest tide stationCambados6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPoio9 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVilanova de Arousa9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa de Lanzada:
- Closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)82 mi
- Second closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)129 mi
- Third closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)160 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)162 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSan-Isidro (Spain)181 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa de Lanzada:
- Closest city locationMarin (Spain)11 mi
- Second closest city locationVillagarcia (Spain)12 mi
- Third closest city locationPontevedra (Spain)12 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCangas (Spain)14 mi
- Fifth closest city locationVigo (Spain)17 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Lanzada is Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain, 32 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Lanzada is Santiago Airport (SCQ), also in Spain, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is A Coruna (La Coruna) Airport (LCG) in Spain, 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Porto Airport (OPO) in Acores is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Vila Real Airport (VRL), also in Acores is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Lanzada and is 162 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa de Lanzada, Galicia. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa de Lanzada sea temperature, Playa de Lanzada photographs, Playa de Lanzada detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa de Lanzada webcams, current wind from Galicia live weather stations and Playa de Lanzada tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa de Lanzada.