Playa de Gros Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.6 °C
Playa de Gros(Zurriola) in Pais Vasco is an exposed beach break that is often working and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the southeast with some shelter here from northeast winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of crowds / pollution.
Overall Playa de Gros Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Playa de Gros through a typical Feb... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa de Gros surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Pais Vasco surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa de Gros
Town and city forecasts close to Playa de Gros:
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Gros (Zurriola) is San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain, 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Gros (Zurriola) is Anglet (Biarritz-bayonne) Airport (BIQ) in France, 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is Pamplona Airport (PNA) in Spain, 69 km (43 miles) away.
- Bilbao Airport (BIO) in Spain is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Vitoria Airport (VIT), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Gros (Zurriola) and is 75 km (47 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa de Gros, Pais Vasco. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa de Gros sea temperature, Playa de Gros photographs, Playa de Gros detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa de Gros webcams, current wind from Pais Vasco live weather stations and Playa de Gros tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa de Gros.