Playa de Area Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.3 °C
Playa de Area in Galicia is a sheltered beach break that only works when conditions are just right. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Playa de Area Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Playa de Area over a normal May... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa de Area surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Galicia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa de Area
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Area is A Coruna (La Coruna) Airport (LCG) in Spain, 77 km (48 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Area is Santiago Airport (SCQ), also in Spain, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Third is Asturias (Aviles) Airport (OVD) in Spain, 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Braganca Airport (BGC) in Acores is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Area and is 215 km (134 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa de Area, Galicia. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa de Area sea temperature, Playa de Area photographs, Playa de Area detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa de Area webcams, current wind from Galicia live weather stations and Playa de Area tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa de Area.