Playa de Area Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Playa de Area Spot ID
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.3 °C
Playa de Area in Galicia is a sheltered beach break that only works when conditions are just right. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Playa de Area Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Playa de Area over a normal Apri... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa de Area surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Galicia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa de Area
Visitor Reviews of Playa de Area
Tide stations nearest to Playa de Area:
- Closest tide stationVivero2 mi
- Second closest tide stationBurela de Cabo9 mi
- Third closest tide stationSanta Marta de Ortigueira14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFoz19 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCedeira24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa de Area:
- Closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)80 mi
- Second closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)100 mi
- Third closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)103 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaFuentes de Invierno (Spain)118 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSan-Isidro (Spain)119 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa de Area:
- Closest city locationNaron (Spain)31 mi
- Second closest city locationEl Ferrol (Spain)35 mi
- Third closest city locationOleiros (Spain)44 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLugo (Spain)48 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCulleredo (Spain)49 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa de Area is A Coruna (La Coruna) Airport (LCG) in Spain, 77 km (48 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa de Area is Santiago Airport (SCQ), also in Spain, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Third is Asturias (Aviles) Airport (OVD) in Spain, 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Braganca Airport (BGC) in Acores is the fifth nearest airport to Playa de Area and is 215 km (134 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa de Area, Galicia. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa de Area sea temperature, Playa de Area photographs, Playa de Area detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa de Area webcams, current wind from Galicia live weather stations and Playa de Area tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa de Area.