Playa Sardinas Spot ID
Photo credit: Esteban
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.1 °C
Playa Sardinas in Tola Province is an exposed reef break that usually has waves Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. A choice of left and right reefs. Rarely crowded here. Take care to avoid the rocks.
For Perfect Peak (Playa Rosado), 9 km from Playa Sardinas.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Managua/Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport, 65 km from Playa Sardinas.
|light winds from the SE|
Overall Playa Sardinas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Playa Sardinas through a typical... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Sardinas surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tola Province surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Sardinas
Tide stations nearest to Playa Sardinas:
- Closest tide stationMasachapa25 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Juan del Sur33 mi
- Third closest tide stationCorinto89 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEl Realejo92 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPunta Arenas145 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Sardinas:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1548 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1592 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1630 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1633 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1642 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa Sardinas:
- Closest city locationDiriamba (Nicaragua)20 mi
- Second closest city locationJinotepe (Nicaragua)20 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Rafael del Sur (Nicaragua)25 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRivas (Nicaragua)29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMasaya (Nicaragua)29 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa Sardinas is Managua International Airport (MGA) in Nicaragua, which is 65 km (40 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa Sardinas is Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR) in Costa Rica, 131 km (81 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Nosara Airport (NOB), also in Costa Rica, 187 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Sardinas, Tola Province. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Sardinas sea temperature, Playa Sardinas photographs, Playa Sardinas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Sardinas webcams, current wind from Tola Province live weather stations and Playa Sardinas tide predictions. The Nicaragua swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Nicaragua and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Nicaragua wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Sardinas.