Playa Santa Teresa Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Golfo de Nicoya, Costa Rica)
Playa Santa Teresa Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.7 °C
Playa Santa Teresa in Golfo de Nicoya is an exposed beach break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around low tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall Playa Santa Teresa Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Playa Santa Teresa through a typic... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Santa Teresa surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo de Nicoya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Santa Teresa
Visitor Reviews of Playa Santa Teresa
“I live here for half the year. The crowds are not a factor if you are not a party boy. You can get great waves at first light till 7:30 or 8:00. Crowds thin out some by nine for work. Crowded is a relative term. Often you will see a number of newbies in the line up not really surfing. I am 65 years old and find a peak coming my way plenty often. Aggro surfers are most likely just visiting. Pura Vida”
Will Graham from COSTA RICA - 29 Mar 2014
Tide stations nearest to Playa Santa Teresa:
- Closest tide stationPunta Arenas32 mi
- Second closest tide stationChacarita35 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Juan del Sur122 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Juan del Norte (Greytown)133 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLimon147 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Santa Teresa:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1396 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1722 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1757 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1760 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1768 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa Santa Teresa:
- Closest city locationPuntarenas (Costa Rica)32 mi
- Second closest city locationChacarita (Costa Rica)35 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Rafael Abajo (Costa Rica)62 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Rafael (Costa Rica)68 mi
- Fifth closest city locationQuesada (Costa Rica)69 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa Santa Teresa is Nosara Airport (NOB) in Costa Rica, 66 km (41 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa Santa Teresa is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), also in Costa Rica, 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Third is Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR) in Costa Rica, 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Quepos Managua Airport (XQP) in Costa Rica is 115 km (71 miles) away.
- Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Playa Santa Teresa and is 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Santa Teresa, Golfo de Nicoya. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Santa Teresa sea temperature, Playa Santa Teresa photographs, Playa Santa Teresa detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Santa Teresa webcams, current wind from Golfo de Nicoya live weather stations and Playa Santa Teresa tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Santa Teresa.