Playa Pantaleta Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.4 °C
Playa Pantaleta in Caracas Area is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the south with some shelter here from east winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. Both left and right reef breaks. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rocks,urchins and sharks.
Overall Playa Pantaleta Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Playa Pantaleta through a ty... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Pantaleta surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caracas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Pantaleta
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Pantaleta:
- The closest passenger airport to Playa Pantaleta is Simon Bolivar International (Caracas) Airport (CCS) in Venezuela, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa Pantaleta is Arturo Michelena International (Valencia) Airport (VLN), also in Venezuela, 146 km (91 miles) away.
- Third is General Bartolome Salom International (Puerto Cabello) Airport (PBL) in Venezuela, 153 km (95 miles) away.
- Valle De La Pascua Airport (VDP) in Venezuela is 173 km (107 miles) away.
- General Jose Antonio Anzoategui International (Barcelona) Airport (BLA), also in Venezuela is the fifth nearest airport to Playa Pantaleta and is 225 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Pantaleta, Caracas. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Pantaleta sea temperature, Playa Pantaleta photographs, Playa Pantaleta detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Pantaleta webcams, current wind from Caracas live weather stations and Playa Pantaleta tide predictions. The Venezuela swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Venezuela and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Venezuela wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Pantaleta.