Playa Naranjo Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.2 °C
Playa Naranjo in Guanacaste is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rocks, sharks,sea crcodiles,sea-lice.
Overall Playa Naranjo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Playa Naranjo through a typical August... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Naranjo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guanacaste surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Naranjo
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Naranjo:
- The closest passenger airport to Playa Naranjo is Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR) in Costa Rica, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa Naranjo is Nosara Airport (NOB), also in Costa Rica, 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Third is Managua International Airport (MGA) in Nicaragua, 159 km (99 miles) away.
- Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in Costa Rica is 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Quepos Managua Airport (XQP), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Playa Naranjo and is 226 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Naranjo, Guanacaste. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Naranjo sea temperature, Playa Naranjo photographs, Playa Naranjo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Naranjo webcams, current wind from Guanacaste live weather stations and Playa Naranjo tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Naranjo.