Playa Grande Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Uruguay – North)
Playa Grande Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.0 °C
Playa Grande in West Uruguay is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the favoured times of year for waves. Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Best around low tide. Rarely crowded here. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
Overall Playa Grande Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This image shows the range of swells directed at Playa Grande over a normal April, base... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Grande surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Grande
Visitor Reviews of Playa Grande
Tide stations nearest to Playa Grande:
- Closest tide stationMaldonado99 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta del Este102 mi
- Third closest tide stationPiriapolis114 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPaso de Carrasco154 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRio Grande157 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Grande:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)919 mi
- Second closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)943 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)944 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)946 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)960 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa Grande:
- Closest city locationSanta Vitoria do Palmar (Brazil)38 mi
- Second closest city locationRocha (Uruguay)54 mi
- Third closest city locationTreinta Y Tries (Uruguay)75 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMinas (Uruguay)99 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMaldonado (Uruguay)99 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Playa Grande is El Jaguel International (Punta Del Este) Airport (PDP) in Uruguay, which is 159 km (99 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Playa Grande is Cerro Largo (Melo) Airport (MLZ), also in Uruguay, 200 km (124 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Grande, North. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Grande sea temperature, Playa Grande photographs, Playa Grande detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Grande webcams, current wind from North live weather stations and Playa Grande tide predictions. The Uruguay swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Uruguay and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Uruguay wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Grande.