Playa El Rey Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.9 °C
Playa El Rey in Golfo de Nicoya is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach break provides left and right handers. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Playa El Rey Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Playa El Rey over a norm... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa El Rey surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo de Nicoya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa El Rey
Ski Resorts closest to Playa El Rey:
- The closest passenger airport to Playa El Rey is Quepos Managua Airport (XQP) in Costa Rica, 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa El Rey is Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ), also in Costa Rica, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Third is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in Costa Rica, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Golfito Airport (GLF) in Costa Rica is 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Limon International Airport (LIO), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Playa El Rey and is 128 km (80 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa El Rey, Golfo de Nicoya. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa El Rey sea temperature, Playa El Rey photographs, Playa El Rey detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa El Rey webcams, current wind from Golfo de Nicoya live weather stations and Playa El Rey tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa El Rey.