Playa El Palmar Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.3 °C
Playa El Palmar in Andalucia is a fairly exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Poor surf in light onshore winds Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers mainly right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Conil de la Frontera, 5 km from Playa El Palmar.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Rota Naval Station Airport, 50 km from Playa El Palmar.
|light winds from the WSW|
Overall Playa El Palmar Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Playa El Palmar through an... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa El Palmar surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Andalucia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa El Palmar
Tide stations nearest to Playa El Palmar:
- Closest tide stationConil de la Frontera3 mi
- Second closest tide stationBarbate de Franco9 mi
- Third closest tide stationChiclana de la Frontera14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Carraca19 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCádiz22 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa El Palmar:
- Closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)162 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)202 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)287 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)298 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)329 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa El Palmar:
- Closest city locationChiclana de la Frontera (Spain)14 mi
- Second closest city locationSan Fernando (Spain)17 mi
- Third closest city locationPuerto Real (Spain)21 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCadiz (Spain)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEl Puerto de Santa Maria (Spain)27 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa El Palmar is Jerez Airport (XRY) in Spain, 57 km (35 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa El Palmar is Ibn Batouta (Tanger) Airport (TNG) in Morocco, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Third is Gibraltar Airport (GIB) in Gibraltar, 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Saniat Rmel (Tetouan) Airport (TTU) in Morocco is 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Moron Ab (Sevilla) Airport (OZP) in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Playa El Palmar and is 113 km (70 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa El Palmar, Andalucia. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa El Palmar sea temperature, Playa El Palmar photographs, Playa El Palmar detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa El Palmar webcams, current wind from Andalucia live weather stations and Playa El Palmar tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa El Palmar.