Playa Chahue Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.7 °C
Playa Chahue in Oaxaca is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the north. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Beware of sharks,.
Overall Playa Chahue Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Playa Chahue through an average Ju... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Chahue surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oaxaca surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Chahue
Tide stations nearest to Playa Chahue:
- Closest tide stationPuerto Angel24 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Escondido62 mi
- Third closest tide stationSalina Cruz69 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Mateo del Mar83 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMarquelia188 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Chahue:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)1352 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)1477 mi
- Third closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1490 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1492 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1505 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa Chahue:
- Closest city locationSalina Cruz71 mi
- Second closest city locationSanto Domingo Tehuantepec74 mi
- Third closest city locationJuchitan de Zaragoza89 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSanta Cruz Xoxocotlan98 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOaxaca de Juarez101 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa Chahue is Bahias De Huatulco International Airport (HUX) in Mexico, which is 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa Chahue is Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM), also in Mexico, 103 km (64 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Xoxocotlan International (Oaxaca) Airport (OAX), also in Mexico, 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Chahue, Oaxaca. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Chahue sea temperature, Playa Chahue photographs, Playa Chahue detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Chahue webcams, current wind from Oaxaca live weather stations and Playa Chahue tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Chahue.