Playa Chahue Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.9 °C
Playa Chahue in Oaxaca is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the north. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Beware of sharks,.
Overall Playa Chahue Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Playa Chahue over a normal January and ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Chahue surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oaxaca surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Chahue
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Chahue:
Town and city forecasts close to Playa Chahue:
- Closest city location71 mi
- Second closest city location74 mi
- Third closest city location89 mi
- Fourth closest city location98 mi
- Fifth closest city location101 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Playa Chahue is Bahias De Huatulco International Airport (HUX) in Mexico, which is 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Playa Chahue is Puerto Escondido Airport (PXM), also in Mexico, 103 km (64 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Xoxocotlan International (Oaxaca) Airport (OAX), also in Mexico, 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Chahue, Oaxaca. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Chahue sea temperature, Playa Chahue photographs, Playa Chahue detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Chahue webcams, current wind from Oaxaca live weather stations and Playa Chahue tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Chahue.