Playa Bonfil Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.8 °C
Playa Bonfil in West Guerrero is an exposed beach break that has very reliable surf and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the north. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall Playa Bonfil Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Playa Bonfil over a norm... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Bonfil surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guerrero surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Bonfil
Tide stations nearest to Playa Bonfil:
- Closest tide stationAcapulco14 mi
- Second closest tide stationMarquelia62 mi
- Third closest tide stationZihuatanejo135 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIxtapa142 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCardenas (Melchor Ocampo)181 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Bonfil:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)1203 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)1288 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)1339 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1342 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1364 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa Bonfil:
- Closest city locationAcapulco (Mexico)14 mi
- Second closest city locationChilpancingo (Mexico)60 mi
- Third closest city locationTlapa de Comonfort (Mexico)97 mi
- Fourth closest city locationIguala de la Independencia (Mexico)114 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSantiago Pinotepa Nacional (Mexico)117 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Playa Bonfil is General Juan N Alvarez International (Acapulco) Airport (ACA) in Mexico, which is 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Playa Bonfil is Ixtapa Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH), also in Mexico, 208 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Bonfil, Guerrero. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Bonfil sea temperature, Playa Bonfil photographs, Playa Bonfil detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Bonfil webcams, current wind from Guerrero live weather stations and Playa Bonfil tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Bonfil.