Playa Aguilera Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
Playa Aguilera in Asturias is an exposed beach and point break that has consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the optimum times of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Hazards include rocks,crowds.
For Luanco, 6 km from Playa Aguilera.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Asturias/Aviles Airport, 16 km from Playa Aguilera.
|light winds from the E.(Wind varies from 030 to 120 degs)|
Dry and partly cloudy
At Gascogne Ouest Arcachon Buoy, 116 miles from Playa Aguilera.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||5||5||5|
Overall Playa Aguilera Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Playa Aguilera through a typic... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Playa Aguilera surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Asturias surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Playa Aguilera
Visitor Reviews of Playa Aguilera
Tide stations nearest to Playa Aguilera:
- Closest tide stationLuanco4 mi
- Second closest tide stationAviles5 mi
- Third closest tide stationGijon9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCudillero15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVillaviciosa24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Playa Aguilera:
- Closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)45 mi
- Second closest ski areaFuentes de Invierno (Spain)46 mi
- Third closest ski areaSan-Isidro (Spain)47 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPicos De Europa (Spain)53 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)58 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Playa Aguilera:
- Closest city locationAviles (Spain)5 mi
- Second closest city locationGijon (Spain)12 mi
- Third closest city locationOviedo (Spain)20 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPola de Siero (Spain)20 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSama (Spain)25 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Playa Aguilera is Asturias (Aviles) Airport (OVD) in Spain, which is 15 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Playa Aguilera is Santander Airport (SDR), also in Spain, 167 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Playa Aguilera, Asturias. Use the tab navigation above to view Playa Aguilera sea temperature, Playa Aguilera photographs, Playa Aguilera detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Playa Aguilera webcams, current wind from Asturias live weather stations and Playa Aguilera tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Playa Aguilera.