Plaice Cove Spot ID
Photo credit: irvin
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ENE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.1 °C
Plaice Cove in New Hampshire is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Beware of rocks,.
For Hampton, 4 km from Plaice Cove.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Greenland, 10 km from Plaice Cove.
At Western Maine Shelf Buoy, 24 miles from Plaice Cove.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||11||11||11|
Overall Plaice Cove Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Plaice Cove through a typi... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Plaice Cove surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Hampshire surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Plaice Cove
Visitor Reviews of Plaice Cove
“Located just North of North Hampton Beach. It is quiet and used mostly used by residents and renters on the beach or walking from across Rt. 1A.
* Climb the rocks & explore the tidal pools.
* Magnificent views.
* Steps away from Cinnamon Rainbows surf shop where you can rent surfboards, paddleboards, etc.
* Bring your aqua socks, it is a very rocky beach, painful to walk into the surf in bare feet.
* Rough surf. The waves are not high but the low waves are powerful and will batter you into the jagged boulders, especially if your footing is compromised by the sharp gravel walking surface.
* Small children will have a hard time navigating this beach. Parents will need to lead them by the hand and attend to them closely to ensure their safety.”
Bob from UNITED STATES - 08 Aug 2013
Tide stations nearest to Plaice Cove:
- Closest tide stationHampton2 mi
- Second closest tide stationHampton Harbor4 mi
- Third closest tide stationRye4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSeabrook6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationJaffrey Point, Portsmouth Harbor8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Plaice Cove:
- Closest ski areaBradford Ski Area (United States)16 mi
- Second closest ski areaPowderhouse Hill (United States)20 mi
- Third closest ski areaMcIntyre Ski Area (United States)34 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaNashoba Valley (United States)40 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGranite Gorge Ski Area (United States)48 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Plaice Cove:
- Closest city locationDover (United States)18 mi
- Second closest city locationHaverhill (United States)19 mi
- Third closest city locationGloucester (United States)24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSalem (United States)24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNorth Andover (United States)25 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Plaice Cove is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED) in USA, 67 km (42 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Plaice Cove is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS), also in USA, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Third is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 87 km (54 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ) in USA is 128 km (80 miles) away.
- Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Plaice Cove and is 145 km (90 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Plaice Cove, New Hampshire. Use the tab navigation above to view Plaice Cove sea temperature, Plaice Cove photographs, Plaice Cove detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Plaice Cove webcams, current wind from New Hampshire live weather stations and Plaice Cove tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Plaice Cove.