Plage Valentin Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.2 °C
Plage Valentin in Loire Atlantiqueis a beach and reef break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks are all lefts. It very rarely gets crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
For Le Pouliguen, 5 km from Plage Valentin.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Saint Nazaire/Montoir Airport, 25 km from Plage Valentin.
|light winds from the W|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Plage Valentin Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Plage Valentin through an ... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Plage Valentin surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Loire Atlantique surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Plage Valentin
Visitor Reviews of Plage Valentin
Tide stations nearest to Plage Valentin:
- Closest tide stationLe Pouliguen3 mi
- Second closest tide stationGuerande5 mi
- Third closest tide stationLa Baule-Escoublac6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPornichet7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint Nazaire14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Plage Valentin:
- Closest ski areaChastreix-Sancy (France)278 mi
- Second closest ski areaLe Mont-Dore (France)280 mi
- Third closest ski areaBesse Super Besse (France)286 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLunada (Spain)290 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLe Lioran (France)299 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Plage Valentin:
- Closest city locationSaint-Nazaire (France)14 mi
- Second closest city locationVannes (France)29 mi
- Third closest city locationSaint-Herblain (France)40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOrvault (France)41 mi
- Fifth closest city locationReze (France)44 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Plage Valentin is Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR) in France, 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Plage Valentin is Meucon (Vannes) Airport (VNE), also in France, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE) in France, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- Lann Bihoue (Lorient) Airport (LRT) in France is 89 km (55 miles) away.
- St Jacques (Rennes) Airport (RNS), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Plage Valentin and is 105 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Plage Valentin, Loire Atlantique. Use the tab navigation above to view Plage Valentin sea temperature, Plage Valentin photographs, Plage Valentin detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Plage Valentin webcams, current wind from Loire Atlantique live weather stations and Plage Valentin tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Plage Valentin.