Plage Loukos Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.7 °C
Plage Loukos in Tanger to Rabat is an exposed beach/jetty break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the northwest. The beach break offers mainly left hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of rips, man-made danger (buoys etc...) and pollution.
Overall Plage Loukos Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Plage Loukos over a normal M... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Plage Loukos surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tangier to Rabat surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Plage Loukos
- The closest passenger airport to Plage Loukos is Ibn Batouta (Tanger) Airport (TNG) in Morocco, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Plage Loukos is Saniat Rmel (Tetouan) Airport (TTU), also in Morocco, 85 km (53 miles) away.
- Third is Kenitra (Kentira) Airport (NNA) in Morocco, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Gibraltar Airport (GIB) in Gibraltar is 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Sale (Rabat) Airport (RBA) in Morocco is the fifth nearest airport to Plage Loukos and is 142 km (88 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Plage Loukos, Tangier to Rabat. Use the tab navigation above to view Plage Loukos sea temperature, Plage Loukos photographs, Plage Loukos detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Plage Loukos webcams, current wind from Tangier to Rabat live weather stations and Plage Loukos tide predictions. The Morocco swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Morocco and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Morocco wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Plage Loukos.