Pipes Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.3 °C
Pipes in Kadavu Passage is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south. There is a left hand reef break. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of coral.
Overall Pipes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Pipes through a typical September. ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pipes surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Kadavu Passage surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pipes
Tide stations nearest to Pipes:
- Closest tide stationSuva Harbor37 mi
- Second closest tide stationNandi Waters, Viti Levu47 mi
- Third closest tide stationLautoka53 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNgaloa Harbor, Kandavu Island60 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTailevu63 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pipes:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)1456 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)1459 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)1462 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)1472 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)1659 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pipes:
- Closest city locationSuva (Fiji)36 mi
- Second closest city locationNandi (Fiji)45 mi
- Third closest city locationLautoka (Fiji)53 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLabasa (Fiji)162 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPort Vila (Vanuatu)630 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Pipes is Nadi International (Nandi) Airport (NAN) in Fiji, which is 74 km (46 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Pipes is Nausori International Airport (SUV), also in Fiji, 75 km (47 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pipes, Kadavu Passage. Use the tab navigation above to view Pipes sea temperature, Pipes photographs, Pipes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pipes webcams, current wind from Kadavu Passage live weather stations and Pipes tide predictions. The Fiji swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Fiji and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Fiji wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pipes.