Pipeline (Dunedin) Spot ID
Type: River Bar
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.3 °C
Pipeline (Dunedin) in Otago is an exposed River Bar break that only works once in a while with no particular seasonal pattern. Works best in offshore winds from the south southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north northeast. There is a right hand reef break. Best around low tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of sharks/rips.
Overall Pipeline (Dunedin) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Pipeline (Dunedin) throu... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pipeline (Dunedin) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Otago surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pipeline (Dunedin)
- The closest passenger airport to Pipeline (Dunedin) is Dunedin Airport (DUD) in New Zealand, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pipeline (Dunedin) is Oamaru Airport (OAM), also in New Zealand, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Third is Alexandra Airport (ALR) in New Zealand, 111 km (69 miles) away.
- Wanaka Airport (WKA) in New Zealand is 151 km (94 miles) away.
- Timaru Airport (TIU), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Pipeline (Dunedin) and is 155 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pipeline (Dunedin), Otago. Use the tab navigation above to view Pipeline (Dunedin) sea temperature, Pipeline (Dunedin) photographs, Pipeline (Dunedin) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pipeline (Dunedin) webcams, current wind from Otago live weather stations and Pipeline (Dunedin) tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pipeline (Dunedin).