Pipe Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.4 °C
Pipe in Port Elizabeth is a very sheltered beach break that does not work very often Offshore winds blow from the west. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Sometimes crowded. Take care of sharks and rocks.
Overall Pipe Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph describes the range of swells directed at Pipe through a typical July, based ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pipe surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eastern Cape (S) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pipe
Visitor Reviews of Pipe
Tide stations nearest to Pipe:
- Closest tide stationPort Elizabeth4 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Alfred76 mi
- Third closest tide stationEast London146 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKnysna147 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMosselbaai200 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pipe:
- Closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)262 mi
- Second closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)344 mi
- Third closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)397 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCerro Castor (Argentina)4556 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Hermon (Israel)4695 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pipe:
- Closest city locationPort Elizabeth (South Africa)4 mi
- Second closest city locationUitenhage (South Africa)16 mi
- Third closest city locationFort Beaufort (South Africa)98 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBisho (South Africa)119 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCradock (South Africa)121 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Pipe is Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ) in South Africa, which is 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Pipe is Bisho Airport (VIY), also in South Africa, 192 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pipe, Eastern Cape (S). Use the tab navigation above to view Pipe sea temperature, Pipe photographs, Pipe detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pipe webcams, current wind from Eastern Cape (S) live weather stations and Pipe tide predictions. The South Africa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing South Africa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from South Africa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pipe.