Pine Trees (Sunset) Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Pine Trees (Sunset) in Tahiti is an exposed reef break that has reliable surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A right hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include rocks, fire coral, rips and sharks.
For Paea, 1 km from Pine Trees (Sunset).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Tahiti Island-Faa'a International Airport, 16 km from Pine Trees (Sunset).
|light winds from the WSW|
State of sky unchanged
Overall Pine Trees (Sunset) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Pine Trees (Sunset) th... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pine Trees (Sunset) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tahiti surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pine Trees (Sunset)
Tide stations nearest to Pine Trees (Sunset):
- Closest tide stationPaea1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunaauia4 mi
- Third closest tide stationFare Ute Point, Papeete Harbor11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMataiva12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMahina16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pine Trees (Sunset):
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)2564 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)2566 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)2570 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)2640 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2774 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pine Trees (Sunset):
- Closest city locationPunaauia (French Polynesia)4 mi
- Second closest city locationPapeete (French Polynesia)7 mi
- Third closest city locationFaaa (French Polynesia)9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationApia (Samoa)1497 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLabasa (Fiji)2051 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Pine Trees (Sunset) is Temae (Moorea) Airport (MOZ) in French Polynesia, which is 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Pine Trees (Sunset) is Huahine Airport (HUH), also in French Polynesia, 190 km (118 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pine Trees (Sunset), Tahiti. Use the tab navigation above to view Pine Trees (Sunset) sea temperature, Pine Trees (Sunset) photographs, Pine Trees (Sunset) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pine Trees (Sunset) webcams, current wind from Tahiti live weather stations and Pine Trees (Sunset) tide predictions. The French Polynesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing French Polynesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from French Polynesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pine Trees (Sunset).