Pine Trees Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Big Island, USA)
Pine Trees Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.1 °C
Pine Trees in Big Island is a quite exposed reef break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. Right and better left hand reef breaks.. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for urchins, rips, rocks and locals.
For Kailua Kona, Big Island, Hawaii, 6 km from Pine Trees.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Kailua/Kona Airport, 5 km from Pine Trees.
|light winds from the NNW|
Dry and partly cloudy
Overall Pine Trees Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Pine Trees through a typical... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pine Trees surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pine Trees
Visitor Reviews of Pine Trees
“Nice break. Forecasts always underestimate the shallow reef here. High tide is slower breaking. Low tide jacks up fast. Stay to the right of the rocks. Bone yard. Easy access with newly paved road. Nice facilities and camping.”
ethan f from UNITED STATES - 23 Dec 2013
Tide stations nearest to Pine Trees:
- Closest tide stationKailua Kona, Big Island4 mi
- Second closest tide stationHolualoa7 mi
- Third closest tide stationNapoopoo, Kealakekua Bay Island17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKawaihae, Big Island28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMahukona Island35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pine Trees:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2487 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2489 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2498 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2508 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)2511 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pine Trees:
- Closest city locationHilo (United States)62 mi
- Second closest city locationHonolulu (United States)162 mi
- Third closest city locationKailua (United States)162 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)165 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWaimalu (United States)172 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Pine Trees is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pine Trees is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Pine Trees and is 104 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pine Trees, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Pine Trees sea temperature, Pine Trees photographs, Pine Trees detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pine Trees webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Pine Trees tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pine Trees.