Pier One Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.2 °C
Pier One in Maui is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the south. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the north northeast. A choice of left and right reefs. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rips, sharks and rocks.
Overall Pier One Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image shows the variation of swells directed at Pier One through an average August... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pier One surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pier One
Tide stations nearest to Pier One:
- Closest tide stationKahului, Kahului Harbor1 mi
- Second closest tide stationKahului2 mi
- Third closest tide stationKihei, Maui (Hawaii)9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLahaina, Maui Island14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMakena, Maui Island18 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pier One:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2447 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2451 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2462 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2479 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Valley (United States)2481 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pier One:
- Closest city locationKahului (United States)2 mi
- Second closest city locationKailua (United States)89 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu (United States)92 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)93 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City (United States)103 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Pier One is Kahului Airport (OGG) in Usa Maui Isl., 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pier One is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM), also in Usa Maui Isl., 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl., 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Pier One and is 70 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pier One, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Pier One sea temperature, Pier One photographs, Pier One detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pier One webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Pier One tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pier One.