Pico Alto Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.4 °C
Pico Alto in Lima is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Pico Alto Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Pico Alto through a typica... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pico Alto surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lima surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pico Alto
Tide stations nearest to Pico Alto:
- Closest tide stationSan Bartolo5 mi
- Second closest tide stationChilca14 mi
- Third closest tide stationLima22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMala26 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCallao30 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pico Alto:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)229 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)649 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)1461 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)1479 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)1481 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pico Alto:
- Closest city locationLima (Peru)22 mi
- Second closest city locationCallao (Peru)27 mi
- Third closest city locationChosica (Peru)29 mi
- Fourth closest city locationImperial (Peru)60 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Vicente de Canete (Peru)60 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Pico Alto is Jorge Chavez International (Lima) Airport (LIM) in Peru, which is 53 km (33 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Pico Alto is Pisco Airport (PIO), also in Peru, 164 km (102 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pico Alto, Lima. Use the tab navigation above to view Pico Alto sea temperature, Pico Alto photographs, Pico Alto detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pico Alto webcams, current wind from Lima live weather stations and Pico Alto tide predictions. The Peru swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Peru and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Peru wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pico Alto.