Pescadero State Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.9 °C
Pescadero State Beach in San Mateo is an exposed beach and reef break that is often working. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for rips and sharks.
For Bean Hollow State Beach, 4 km from Pescadero State Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Half Moon Bay, 11 km from Pescadero State Beach.
At Half Moon Bay Buoy, 26 miles from Pescadero State Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||9||15||16||8|
Overall Pescadero State Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Pescadero State Beach over a normal Ma... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pescadero State Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Mateo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pescadero State Beach
Tide stations nearest to Pescadero State Beach:
- Closest tide station12 mi
- Second closest tide station17 mi
- Third closest tide station19 mi
- Fourth closest tide station19 mi
- Fifth closest tide station19 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Pescadero State Beach is Moffett Federal Afld (Mountain View) Airport (NUQ) in USA, 36 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pescadero State Beach is San Francisco International Airport (SFO), also in USA, 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) in USA, 44 km (27 miles) away.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK) in USA is 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Travis Afb (Fairfield) Airport (SUU), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Pescadero State Beach and is 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pescadero State Beach, CAL - San Mateo. Use the tab navigation above to view Pescadero State Beach sea temperature, Pescadero State Beach photographs, Pescadero State Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pescadero State Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - San Mateo live weather stations and Pescadero State Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pescadero State Beach.