Perfect Wave Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Perfect Wave Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.5 °C
Perfect Wave in Waterford is an exposed beach and reef break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and there is also a left hand reef break.. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rocks and rips.
For Tra Mhor, 8 km from Perfect Wave.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Tramore, 8 km from Perfect Wave.
|light winds from the WNW|
At Pembroke Buoy, 99 miles from Perfect Wave.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||7||7||8||6|
Overall Perfect Wave Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Perfect Wave over a normal Apr... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Perfect Wave surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Waterford surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Perfect Wave
Visitor Reviews of Perfect Wave
Tide stations nearest to Perfect Wave:
- Closest tide stationTra Mhor5 mi
- Second closest tide stationDungarvan16 mi
- Third closest tide stationYoughal28 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLoch Garman37 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCobh49 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Perfect Wave:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)242 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)250 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)270 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)272 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)275 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Perfect Wave:
- Closest city locationWaterford (Ireland)10 mi
- Second closest city locationCork (Ireland)54 mi
- Third closest city locationLimerick (Ireland)68 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTallaght (Ireland)88 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBray (Ireland)88 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Perfect Wave is Waterford Airport (WAT) in Ireland, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Perfect Wave is Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 129 km (80 miles) away.
- Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland is 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Dublin Airport (DUB), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Perfect Wave and is 158 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Perfect Wave, Waterford. Use the tab navigation above to view Perfect Wave sea temperature, Perfect Wave photographs, Perfect Wave detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Perfect Wave webcams, current wind from Waterford live weather stations and Perfect Wave tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Perfect Wave.