Perfect Wave Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
Perfect Wave in Waterford is an exposed beach and reef break that usually has waves and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and there is also a left hand reef break.. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of rocks and rips.
Overall Perfect Wave Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Perfect Wave through a typical Septemb... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Perfect Wave surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Waterford surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Perfect Wave
Ski Resorts closest to Perfect Wave:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)242 mi
- Second closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)250 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)270 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)272 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)275 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Perfect Wave is Waterford Airport (WAT) in Ireland, 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Perfect Wave is Cork Airport (ORK), also in Ireland, 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 129 km (80 miles) away.
- Kerry Airport (KIR) in Ireland is 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Dublin Airport (DUB), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Perfect Wave and is 158 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Perfect Wave, Waterford. Use the tab navigation above to view Perfect Wave sea temperature, Perfect Wave photographs, Perfect Wave detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Perfect Wave webcams, current wind from Waterford live weather stations and Perfect Wave tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Perfect Wave.