Mounts Bay (Penzance) Spot ID
Photo credit: William
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.4 °C
Penzance in South Cornwall is a fairly exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the south southwest.. Best around mid tide. Watch out for rocks.
For Newlyn, England, 3 km from Mounts Bay (Penzance).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Culdrose (navy base), 19 km from Mounts Bay (Penzance).
|light winds from the W|
Overall Mounts Bay (Penzance) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Mounts Bay (Penzance) over a nor... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mounts Bay (Penzance) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mounts Bay (Penzance)
Tide stations nearest to Mounts Bay (Penzance):
- Closest tide stationNewlyn2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSt Ives6 mi
- Third closest tide stationHayle6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPenryn18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFalmouth21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mounts Bay (Penzance):
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre296 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise323 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss345 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common346 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club346 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mounts Bay (Penzance):
- Closest city locationPlymouth62 mi
- Second closest city locationNewton Abbot89 mi
- Third closest city locationPaignton89 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBarnstaple91 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTorquay92 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Mounts Bay (Penzance) is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 51 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Mounts Bay (Penzance) is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 193 km (120 miles) away.
- Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES) in France is the fifth nearest airport to Mounts Bay (Penzance) and is 203 km (126 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mounts Bay (Penzance), Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Mounts Bay (Penzance) sea temperature, Mounts Bay (Penzance) photographs, Mounts Bay (Penzance) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mounts Bay (Penzance) webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Mounts Bay (Penzance) tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mounts Bay (Penzance).