Mounts Bay (Penzance) Spot ID
Photo credit: William
Best: Swell SSW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.4 °C
Penzance in South Cornwall is a fairly exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Waves more likely to be from local windswells than distant groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the south southwest.. Best around mid tide. Watch out for rocks.
For Newlyn, England, 3 km from Mounts Bay (Penzance).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Culdrose (navy base), 19 km from Mounts Bay (Penzance).
|light winds from the WSW|
At Sevenstones Buoy, 26 miles from Mounts Bay (Penzance).
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||7||8||7||7|
Overall Mounts Bay (Penzance) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Mounts Bay (Penzance) thro... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Mounts Bay (Penzance) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Cornwall (South) surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Mounts Bay (Penzance)
Tide stations nearest to Mounts Bay (Penzance):
- Closest tide stationNewlyn2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSt Ives6 mi
- Third closest tide stationHayle6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPenryn18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFalmouth21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Mounts Bay (Penzance):
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)296 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)323 mi
- Third closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)345 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)346 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)346 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Mounts Bay (Penzance):
- Closest city locationPlymouth (United Kingdom)62 mi
- Second closest city locationNewton Abbot (United Kingdom)89 mi
- Third closest city locationPaignton (United Kingdom)89 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBarnstaple (United Kingdom)91 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTorquay (United Kingdom)92 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Penzance is St Mawgan (Newquai) Airport (NQY) in England, 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Penzance is Plymouth Airport (PLH), also in England, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Third is Exeter Airport (EXT) in England, 165 km (102 miles) away.
- Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales is 195 km (121 miles) away.
- Guipavas (Brest) Airport (BES) in France is the fifth nearest airport to Penzance and is 202 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Mounts Bay (Penzance), Cornwall (South). Use the tab navigation above to view Mounts Bay (Penzance) sea temperature, Mounts Bay (Penzance) photographs, Mounts Bay (Penzance) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Mounts Bay (Penzance) webcams, current wind from Cornwall (South) live weather stations and Mounts Bay (Penzance) tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Mounts Bay (Penzance).