Peñascal Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Peñascal Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.2 °C
Penascal in Lima is a fairly exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rips and rocks.
Overall Peñascal Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Peñascal through a typical May, ba... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Peñascal surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lima surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Peñascal
Visitor Reviews of Peñascal
Tide stations nearest to Peñascal:
- Closest tide stationSan Bartolo1 mi
- Second closest tide stationChilca10 mi
- Third closest tide stationMala22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLima27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCallao35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Peñascal:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)233 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)644 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)1457 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)1475 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)1477 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Peñascal:
- Closest city locationLima (Peru)27 mi
- Second closest city locationCallao (Peru)31 mi
- Third closest city locationChosica (Peru)31 mi
- Fourth closest city locationImperial (Peru)55 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Vicente de Canete (Peru)55 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Penascal is Jorge Chavez International (Lima) Airport (LIM) in Peru, which is 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Penascal is Pisco Airport (PIO), also in Peru, 157 km (98 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Peñascal, Lima. Use the tab navigation above to view Peñascal sea temperature, Peñascal photographs, Peñascal detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Peñascal webcams, current wind from Lima live weather stations and Peñascal tide predictions. The Peru swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Peru and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Peru wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Peñascal.