Pelican Poles Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.7 °C
Pelican Poles in South Carolinais a beach break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Take care of .
For Crab Haul Creek, Oyster Landing, South Carolina, 3 km from Pelican Poles.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-NIWS1, 3 km from Pelican Poles.
|light winds from the NW|
At Edisto Buoy, 58 miles from Pelican Poles.
|Data Age||7 hr||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||7||7||7|
Overall Pelican Poles Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Pelican Poles through an ave... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pelican Poles surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pelican Poles
Tide stations nearest to Pelican Poles:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station5 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Pelican Poles is Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pelican Poles is Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS), also in USA, 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Florence Rgnl Airport (FLO) in USA is 107 km (66 miles) away.
- Shaw Afb (Sumter) Airport (SSC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Pelican Poles and is 141 km (88 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pelican Poles, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Pelican Poles sea temperature, Pelican Poles photographs, Pelican Poles detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pelican Poles webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Pelican Poles tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pelican Poles.