Peggys Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.4 °C
Peggys in Sydney South is a reasonably exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf. The best time of year for waves is autumn. Works best in offshore winds from the south southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. A reef breaks right. Best around low tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for rips, rocks, locals and sharks.
Overall Peggys Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Peggys through an average ... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Peggys surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Illawarra surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Peggys
- The closest passenger airport to Peggys is Camden Airport (CDU) in Australia, 47 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Peggys is Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU), also in Australia, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Third is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Richmond Airport (RCM) in Australia is 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Canberra Airport (CBR), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Peggys and is 185 km (115 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Peggys, NSW - Illawarra. Use the tab navigation above to view Peggys sea temperature, Peggys photographs, Peggys detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Peggys webcams, current wind from NSW - Illawarra live weather stations and Peggys tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Peggys.