Paunch Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.9 °C
Paunch Reef in Bocas del Torro is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the west. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave angle is from the northeast. Both left (best) and right reef breaks.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of urchins,rocks,etc.
Overall Paunch Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image shows the variation of swells directed at Paunch Reef through a typical Octo... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Paunch Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bocas del Toro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Paunch Reef
Tide stations nearest to Paunch Reef:
- Closest tide stationBocas del Toro, Almirante Bay2 mi
- Second closest tide stationAlmirante12 mi
- Third closest tide stationLimon69 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPedregal71 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGolfito81 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Paunch Reef:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1318 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1745 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1773 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1776 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1781 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Paunch Reef:
- Closest city locationDavid (Panama)67 mi
- Second closest city locationPuerto Limon (Costa Rica)70 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Isidro (Costa Rica)99 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTurrialba (Costa Rica)105 mi
- Fifth closest city locationParaiso (Costa Rica)116 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Paunch Reef is Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Paunch Reef is Cap Manuel Nino International (Changuinola) Airport (CHX), also in Panama, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Limon International Airport (LIO) in Costa Rica, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama is 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Coto 47 Airport (OTR) in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Paunch Reef and is 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Paunch Reef, Bocas del Toro. Use the tab navigation above to view Paunch Reef sea temperature, Paunch Reef photographs, Paunch Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Paunch Reef webcams, current wind from Bocas del Toro live weather stations and Paunch Reef tide predictions. The Panama swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Panama and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Panama wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Paunch Reef.