Paunch Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.7 °C
Paunch Reef in Bocas del Torro is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the west. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave angle is from the northeast. Both left (best) and right reef breaks.. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of urchins,rocks,etc.
Overall Paunch Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Paunch Reef over a normal August... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Paunch Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bocas del Toro surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Paunch Reef
Ski Resorts closest to Paunch Reef:
- The closest passenger airport to Paunch Reef is Bocas Del Toro Airport (BOC) in Panama, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Paunch Reef is Cap Manuel Nino International (Changuinola) Airport (CHX), also in Panama, 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Limon International Airport (LIO) in Costa Rica, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Enrique Malek International (David) Airport (DAV) in Panama is 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Coto 47 Airport (OTR) in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Paunch Reef and is 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Paunch Reef, Bocas del Toro. Use the tab navigation above to view Paunch Reef sea temperature, Paunch Reef photographs, Paunch Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Paunch Reef webcams, current wind from Bocas del Toro live weather stations and Paunch Reef tide predictions. The Panama swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Panama and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Panama wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Paunch Reef.