Pauanui Beach Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
Pauanui Beach in Coromandel is a quite exposed beach and point break that has very consistent surf The best wind direction is from the west. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include .
Overall Pauanui Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Pauanui Beach over a normal Sept... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pauanui Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Coromandel surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pauanui Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Pauanui Beach is Tauranga Airport (TRG) in New Zealand, 77 km (48 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Pauanui Beach is Auckland International Airport (AKL), also in New Zealand, 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand is 127 km (79 miles) away.
- Whakatane Airport (WHK), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Pauanui Beach and is 135 km (84 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pauanui Beach, Coromandel. Use the tab navigation above to view Pauanui Beach sea temperature, Pauanui Beach photographs, Pauanui Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pauanui Beach webcams, current wind from Coromandel live weather stations and Pauanui Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pauanui Beach.