Pasta Point Spot ID
Photo credit: Anna Hackett
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.5 °C
Pasta Point in North Male Atoll is an exposed point break that has very consistent surf. The surf tends to be optimum in the spring. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south.Surfers ride left hand point. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include Private,.
Overall Pasta Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Pasta Point over a normal Nov... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Pasta Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North Male Atoll surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Pasta Point
Visitor Reviews of Pasta Point
“Pasta Point is a great wave when it is on. When there is swell and light or favourable winds it is a long, mechanical left that is always fun and sometimes offers tubes. The best thing about it is that it is exclusive to Chaaya resort guests and they limit surfer numbers. This is not the case with all other North Male atoll breaks which are often very crowded with surfers from Lohifushi and charter boats.
Southwest winds which are common in the Maldives during the swell season tend to blow Pasta Point (and Honkies) out and you are restricted to the rights at Sultans and Jails which will also be wind-affected if the SW wind is strong.”
Bruiser from AUSTRALIA - 21 Mar 2010
Tide stations nearest to Pasta Point:
- Closest tide stationMaale27 mi
- Second closest tide stationNaifaru78 mi
- Third closest tide stationKulhudhuffushi162 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationThinadhoo267 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMinicoy Island, Lakshadweep275 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Pasta Point:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)1855 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)1869 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)1945 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)1948 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)2055 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Pasta Point:
- Closest city locationMale (Maldives)27 mi
- Second closest city locationThiruvananthapuram (India)369 mi
- Third closest city locationNeyyattinkara (India)369 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVarkkallai (India)372 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAttingal (India)374 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Pasta Point is Male International Airport (MLE) in Maldives, which is 18 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Pasta Point is Thiruvananthapuram International (Trivandrum) Airport (TRV) in India, 589 km (366 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Pasta Point, North Male Atoll. Use the tab navigation above to view Pasta Point sea temperature, Pasta Point photographs, Pasta Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Pasta Point webcams, current wind from North Male Atoll live weather stations and Pasta Point tide predictions. The Maldives swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Maldives and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Maldives wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Pasta Point.