Parque del Plata Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Uruguay – South)
Parque del Plata Spot ID
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.7 °C
Parque del Plata in South Uruguay is an exposed river break that has inconsistent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south southeast. The river break provides left and right handers. Rarely crowded here. Beware of .
Overall Parque del Plata Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Parque del Plata through... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Parque del Plata surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Parque del Plata
Visitor Reviews of Parque del Plata
Tide stations nearest to Parque del Plata:
- Closest tide stationPaso de Carrasco19 mi
- Second closest tide stationPiriapolis27 mi
- Third closest tide stationMontevideo29 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationDelta del Tigre37 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMaldonado46 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Parque del Plata:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)796 mi
- Second closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)812 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)822 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)823 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLagunillas Ski Center (Chile)835 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Parque del Plata:
- Closest city locationMontevideo (Uruguay)25 mi
- Second closest city locationLas Piedras (Uruguay)27 mi
- Third closest city locationMinas (Uruguay)41 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMaldonado (Uruguay)46 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFlorida (Uruguay)57 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Parque del Plata is Carrasco International (Montevideo) Airport (MVD) in Uruguay, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Parque del Plata is Angel S Adami (Montevideo) Airport (MVD), also in Uruguay, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is El Jaguel International (Punta Del Este) Airport (PDP) in Uruguay, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Laguna De Los Patos International (Colonia) Airport (CYR) in Uruguay is 189 km (117 miles) away.
- La Plata Airport (LPG) in Argentina is the fifth nearest airport to Parque del Plata and is 197 km (122 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Parque del Plata, South. Use the tab navigation above to view Parque del Plata sea temperature, Parque del Plata photographs, Parque del Plata detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Parque del Plata webcams, current wind from South live weather stations and Parque del Plata tide predictions. The Uruguay swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Uruguay and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Uruguay wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Parque del Plata.