Parea Left Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.2 °C
Parea Left in Huahine is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. A right hand reef break. Rarely crowded here. Beware of coral,urchin and sharks.
Overall Parea Left Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Parea Left over a normal A... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Parea Left surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Huahine surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Parea Left
Visitor Reviews of Parea Left
“Super surf spot for all grades with dangerous tide... but no risk if being careful.
Beginners can practise at the first spot at aprox. 7O meters from the beach... and profesionals can have fun at the real surf spot "Parea Right"...when the conditions are good, there is a perfect long wave, hollow and a big tube could be surfed...
It is possible to surf the left surf spot... but it's a little bit more dangerous because of the reef... and sharks.
Bye, and enjoy the ride.”
Teraitea from FRENCH POLYNESIA - 11 Jun 2012
Tide stations nearest to Parea Left:
- Closest tide stationFare Ute Point, Papeete Harbor105 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunaauia107 mi
- Third closest tide stationMataiva108 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPaea109 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMahina111 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Parea Left:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)2539 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)2541 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)2544 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)2613 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2753 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Parea Left:
- Closest city locationFaaa (French Polynesia)104 mi
- Second closest city locationPapeete (French Polynesia)106 mi
- Third closest city locationPunaauia (French Polynesia)107 mi
- Fourth closest city locationApia (Samoa)1398 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLabasa (Fiji)1962 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Parea Left is Huahine Airport (HUH) in French Polynesia, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Parea Left is Uturoa (Raiatea Island) Airport (RFP), also in French Polynesia, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Bora Bora Airport (BOB) in French Polynesia, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Maupiti Airport (MAU) in French Polynesia is 142 km (88 miles) away.
- Temae (Moorea) Airport (MOZ), also in French Polynesia is the fifth nearest airport to Parea Left and is 149 km (93 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Parea Left, Huahine. Use the tab navigation above to view Parea Left sea temperature, Parea Left photographs, Parea Left detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Parea Left webcams, current wind from Huahine live weather stations and Parea Left tide predictions. The French Polynesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing French Polynesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from French Polynesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Parea Left.