Paraiso Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.1 °C
Paraiso on the South Coast is an exposed river break that has pretty consitent surf The best wind direction is from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. The river break provides left and right handers. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up.
Overall Paraiso Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Paraiso through a typical Ju... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Paraiso surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Caribbean Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Paraiso
Visitor Reviews of Paraiso
Tide stations nearest to Paraiso:
- Closest tide stationEnriquillo9 mi
- Second closest tide stationParaiso17 mi
- Third closest tide stationBarahona32 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPedernales32 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPaya74 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Paraiso:
- Closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1394 mi
- Second closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1400 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1400 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1401 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1410 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Paraiso:
- Closest city locationBarahona (Dominican Republic)32 mi
- Second closest city locationAzua de Compostela (Dominican Republic)59 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Juan de la Maguana (Dominican Republic)69 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBani (Dominican Republic)73 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKenscoff (Haiti)78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Paraiso is Maria Montez International (Barahona) Airport (BRX) in Dominican Republic, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Paraiso is Port Au Prince International (Port-au-prince) Airport (PAP) in Haiti, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX) in Dominican Republic, 161 km (100 miles) away.
- Las Americas International (Santo Domingo) Airport (SDQ) in Dominican Republic is 188 km (117 miles) away.
- Cibao International (Santiago) Airport (STI), also in Dominican Republic is the fifth nearest airport to Paraiso and is 193 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Paraiso, Caribbean Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Paraiso sea temperature, Paraiso photographs, Paraiso detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Paraiso webcams, current wind from Caribbean Coast live weather stations and Paraiso tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Paraiso.