Papaya (Nahriya) Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.3 °C
Papaya (Nahriya) in North of Tel Aviv is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east southeast and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around mid tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Hazards include .
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North of Tel Aviv surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Papaya (Nahriya)
Visitor Reviews of Papaya (Nahriya)
“As a resident of Nahariya, my favourite section of the seafront resort is that of Papaya Beach. The site is easily accesible by foot or car. From the Ga'aton Boulevard Carlton Hotel for instance it is about a 5 minute walk to the Beach. Papaya Beach is Adjacent to the Sokolov Beach. Papaya is an open area whereas Sokolov Beach is a corded beach for swimmers with lifeguards in the tower during permitted swimming season.
As for travel by car there is free parking in front of Sokolov Beach and the walk to Papaya is just one minute away. There are cafes and restaurants along the boardwalk or TAYELET in Hebrew. This site SURF-FORECAST is almost 100% accurate. Even though I do not surf I am a swimmer and this is my mornings indicator as to how swimming will be that day.
Should you need surf supplies, there is a sports shop on the Ga'aton Boulvard 5 minute walk, and less than a 5 minute drive to Putzker (A complete Marine shop) at the Nahariya Marina next to the Galei Galil Beach and Nahariya Country Club.
Nahariya is an ideal location for sun, surf, and sand ! Visit and you will not regret it if you seek clean pristene water, unpolluted, and a township which is pastoral.
Baruch Habaa or Welcome to Nahariya !”
Rebecca Malka from ISRAEL - 20 Feb 2013
Tide stations nearest to Papaya (Nahriya):
- Closest tide stationShelomi4 mi
- Second closest tide station`Akko6 mi
- Third closest tide stationQiryat Motzkin12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQiryat Bialik12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHaifa14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Papaya (Nahriya):
- Closest ski areaMount Hermon (Israel)45 mi
- Second closest ski areaZaarour (Lebanon)76 mi
- Third closest ski areaMzaar Kfardebian (Lebanon)81 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLaqlouq (Lebanon)89 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCedars (Lebanon)101 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Papaya (Nahriya):
- Closest city locationNahariyya (Israel)1 mi
- Second closest city location`Akko (Israel)6 mi
- Third closest city locationQiryat Yam (Israel)11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationQiryat Motzkin (Israel)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationQiryat Bialik (Israel)12 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Papaya (Nahriya) is Haifa Airport (HFA) in Israel, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Papaya (Nahriya) is Mahanaim I Ben Yaakov (Rosh Pina) Airport (RPN), also in Israel, 45 km (28 miles) away.
- Third is Beirut International Airport (BEY) in Lebanon, 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Sde Dov (Tel-aviv) Airport (SDV) in Israel is 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Ben Gurion (Tel-aviv) Airport (TLV), also in Israel is the fifth nearest airport to Papaya (Nahriya) and is 113 km (70 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Papaya (Nahriya), North of Tel Aviv. Use the tab navigation above to view Papaya (Nahriya) sea temperature, Papaya (Nahriya) photographs, Papaya (Nahriya) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Papaya (Nahriya) webcams, current wind from North of Tel Aviv live weather stations and Papaya (Nahriya) tide predictions. The Israel swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Israel and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Israel wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Papaya (Nahriya).