Palemano Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.7 °C
Palemano Point in Big Island is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A left hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks and locals.
For Napoopoo, Kealakekua Bay, Hawaii Island, Hawaii, 1 km from Palemano Point.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Kailua Kona, 16 km from Palemano Point.
|light winds from the ENE|
Overall Palemano Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This chart shows the range of swells directed at Palemano Point through a typical Febru... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Palemano Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Palemano Point
- The closest passenger airport to Palemano Point is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Palemano Point is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 89 km (55 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Palemano Point and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Palemano Point, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Palemano Point sea temperature, Palemano Point photographs, Palemano Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Palemano Point webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Palemano Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Palemano Point.