Palemano Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.7 °C
Palemano Point in Big Island is an exposed reef break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A left hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks and locals.
Overall Palemano Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image describes the variation of swells directed at Palemano Point over a normal J... (show all text)
The graph shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Palemano Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Big Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Palemano Point
Tide stations nearest to Palemano Point:
- Closest tide stationNapoopoo, Kealakekua Bay Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHolualoa11 mi
- Third closest tide stationKailua Kona, Big Island13 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHonuapo Island36 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKawaihae, Big Island40 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Palemano Point:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2493 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2495 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2503 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2513 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area2515 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Palemano Point:
- Closest city locationHilo57 mi
- Second closest city locationKahului104 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu178 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKailua178 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe181 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Palemano Point is Kona International At Keahole Airport (KOA) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 33 km (20 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Palemano Point is Bradshaw Aaf Airport (BSF), also in Usa Hawaii Isl., 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Waimea Kohala (Kamuela) Airport (MUE) in Usa Hawaii Isl., 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Upolu (Opolu) Airport (UPP) in USA is 89 km (55 miles) away.
- Hilo International Airport (ITO) in Usa Hawaii Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Palemano Point and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Palemano Point, HAW - Big Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Palemano Point sea temperature, Palemano Point photographs, Palemano Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Palemano Point webcams, current wind from HAW - Big Island live weather stations and Palemano Point tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Palemano Point.