Oswald State Park/Short Sands Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(North Oregon, USA)
Oswald State Park/Short Sands Spot ID
Photo credit: mary vasiltsova
Photo credit: Lars Kristian Henriksen
Photo credit: Analog
Photo credit: Victor Garcia
Photo credit: Victor Garcia
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.9 °C
Oswald State Park/Short Sands in Oregon_North is an exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east with some shelter here from north winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Nehalem, Nehalem River, Oregon, 8 km from Oswald State Park/Short Sands.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cannon Beach, 15 km from Oswald State Park/Short Sands.
At Col River Bar Buoy, 37 miles from Oswald State Park/Short Sands.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||5||6||6||7|
Overall Oswald State Park/Short Sands Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Oswald State Park/Short Sand... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Oswald State Park/Short Sands surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oregon North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Oswald State Park/Short Sands
Visitor Reviews of Oswald State Park/Short Sands
Tide stations nearest to Oswald State Park/Short Sands:
- Closest tide stationNehalem, Nehalem River5 mi
- Second closest tide stationBrighton, Nehalem River7 mi
- Third closest tide stationBarview, Tillamook Bay14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationGaribaldi14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMiami Cove, Tillamook Bay15 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Oswald State Park/Short Sands:
- Closest ski areaMt Hood Ski Bowl (United States)111 mi
- Second closest ski areaTimberline (United States)113 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Hood Meadows (United States)116 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCooper Spur (United States)117 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWhite Pass Village (United States)137 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Oswald State Park/Short Sands:
- Closest city locationLongview (United States)44 mi
- Second closest city locationHillsboro (United States)50 mi
- Third closest city locationMcMinnville (United States)53 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAloha (United States)57 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBeaverton (United States)60 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Oswald State Park/Short Sands is Scappoose Industrial Airpark (San Luis) Airport (SPB) in USA, 86 km (53 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Oswald State Park/Short Sands is Mc Minnville Muni (Mackminnville) Airport (MMV), also in USA, 91 km (57 miles) away.
- Third is Portland International Airport (PDX) in USA, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Gray Aaf (Fort Lewis) Airport (GRF) in USA is 181 km (112 miles) away.
- Mc Chord Afb (Tacoma) Airport (TCM), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Oswald State Park/Short Sands and is 191 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Oswald State Park/Short Sands, Oregon North. Use the tab navigation above to view Oswald State Park/Short Sands sea temperature, Oswald State Park/Short Sands photographs, Oswald State Park/Short Sands detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Oswald State Park/Short Sands webcams, current wind from Oregon North live weather stations and Oswald State Park/Short Sands tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Oswald State Park/Short Sands.