Ostiones Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.1 °C
Ostiones in Nayarit is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the east southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. A reef breaks left. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Hazards include rips, sharks and rocks.
Overall Ostiones Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
The figure describes the range of swells directed at Ostiones through a typical Novembe... (show all text)
This chart shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ostiones surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nayarit surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ostiones
Tide stations nearest to Ostiones:
- Closest tide stationBucerias11 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Vallarta22 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Blas45 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Patricio125 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIsla del Bosque131 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ostiones:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)858 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)865 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)939 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)992 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1022 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ostiones:
- Closest city locationPuerto Vallarta (Mexico)22 mi
- Second closest city locationTepic (Mexico)57 mi
- Third closest city locationAmeca (Mexico)93 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTequila (Mexico)103 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAutlan de Navarro (Mexico)104 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Ostiones is Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International (Puerto Vallarta) Airport (PVR) in Mexico, which is 29 km (18 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Ostiones is Tepic Airport (TPQ), also in Mexico, 85 km (53 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ostiones, Nayarit. Use the tab navigation above to view Ostiones sea temperature, Ostiones photographs, Ostiones detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ostiones webcams, current wind from Nayarit live weather stations and Ostiones tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ostiones.