Orofara Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.8 °C
Orofara Beach in Tahiti is an exposed point break that has quite consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the south. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the north northeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Watch out for rocks and sharks.
For Mahina, 2 km from Orofara Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Tahiti Island-Faa'a International Airport, 20 km from Orofara Beach.
|moderate winds from the NE|
Overall Orofara Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Orofara Beach over a normal ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Orofara Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tahiti surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Orofara Beach
Visitor Reviews of Orofara Beach
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Orofara Beach:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break2 mi
- Third closest break2 mi
- Fourth closest break2 mi
- Fifth closest break3 mi
Tide stations nearest to Orofara Beach:
- Closest tide stationMahina1 mi
- Second closest tide stationMataiva6 mi
- Third closest tide stationFare Ute Point, Papeete Harbor9 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPunaauia14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPaea16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Orofara Beach:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)2580 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)2582 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)2585 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)2655 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2789 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Orofara Beach:
- Closest city locationPapeete (French Polynesia)11 mi
- Second closest city locationFaaa (French Polynesia)12 mi
- Third closest city locationPunaauia (French Polynesia)14 mi
- Fourth closest city locationApia (Samoa)1505 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSuva (Fiji)2114 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Orofara Beach is Temae (Moorea) Airport (MOZ) in French Polynesia, which is 35 km (22 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Orofara Beach is Huahine Airport (HUH), also in French Polynesia, 192 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Orofara Beach, Tahiti. Use the tab navigation above to view Orofara Beach sea temperature, Orofara Beach photographs, Orofara Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Orofara Beach webcams, current wind from Tahiti live weather stations and Orofara Beach tide predictions. The French Polynesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing French Polynesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from French Polynesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Orofara Beach.