Orio Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.2 °C
Orio in Pais Vasco is a fairly exposed beach/jetty/rivermouth break that has quite reliable surf. The best time of year for waves is autumn. Ideal winds are from the south with some shelter here from west winds. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Take care of crowds,polluiton.
Overall Orio Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Orio through a typical Octob... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Orio surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Pais Vasco surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Orio
Tide stations nearest to Orio:
- Closest tide stationZumaia7 mi
- Second closest tide stationPasajes10 mi
- Third closest tide stationDeba12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOndarroa15 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFuenterrabia17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Orio:
- Closest ski areaLa Pierre Saint Martin (France)73 mi
- Second closest ski areaLunada (Spain)78 mi
- Third closest ski areaValdezcaray (Spain)84 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAstun (Spain)88 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCandanchu (Spain)88 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Orio:
- Closest city locationSan Sebastian (Spain)7 mi
- Second closest city locationErrenteria (Spain)11 mi
- Third closest city locationEibar (Spain)19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDurango (Spain)27 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAnglet (France)32 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Orio is San Sebastian Airport (EAS) in Spain, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Orio is Anglet (Biarritz-bayonne) Airport (BIQ) in France, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Bilbao Airport (BIO) in Spain, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- Vitoria Airport (VIT) in Spain is 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Pamplona Airport (PNA), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to Orio and is 70 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Orio, Pais Vasco. Use the tab navigation above to view Orio sea temperature, Orio photographs, Orio detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Orio webcams, current wind from Pais Vasco live weather stations and Orio tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Orio.