Orewa Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 14.7 °C
Orewa Beach in Auckland East Coast is a quite exposed beach break that only works when conditions are just right. Spring and Summer provide the favoured conditions. Ideal winds are from the west. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up.
Overall Orewa Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph shows the range of swells directed at Orewa Beach through an average July. It... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Orewa Beach surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Auckland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Orewa Beach
Visitor Reviews of Orewa Beach
“Orewa is a sweet beach when she works and it is were I learnt to surf. Whether you're a beginner or advanced you can get some great rides. Occasionally it barrels but they pinch after about 6 seconds. Also the wave face is not really steep so nosediving or pearling should not occur”
jack schreuder from NEW ZEALAND - 28 Apr 2014
Tide stations nearest to Orewa Beach:
- Closest tide stationWeiti River5 mi
- Second closest tide stationTiritiri Matangi Island11 mi
- Third closest tide stationMurrays Bay11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMansion House Bay12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMatakana River12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Orewa Beach:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa189 mi
- Second closest ski areaManganui191 mi
- Third closest ski areaTukino193 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuroa195 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow379 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Orewa Beach:
- Closest city locationNorthshore16 mi
- Second closest city locationWaitakere21 mi
- Third closest city locationAuckland24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManukau29 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWhangarei62 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Orewa Beach is Auckland International Airport (AKL) in New Zealand, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Orewa Beach is Whangarei Airport (WRE), also in New Zealand, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 154 km (96 miles) away.
- Kerikeri Airport (KKE) in New Zealand is 163 km (101 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Orewa Beach and is 180 km (112 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Orewa Beach, Auckland. Use the tab navigation above to view Orewa Beach sea temperature, Orewa Beach photographs, Orewa Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Orewa Beach webcams, current wind from Auckland live weather stations and Orewa Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Orewa Beach.