Oostduinkerke Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.7 °C
Oostduinkerke on the West Coast is a fairly exposed beach/jetties break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around high tide when the tide is falling. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rips and obstacles.
For Nieuwpoort, 4 km from Oostduinkerke.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Koksijde Air Force Base, 8 km from Oostduinkerke.
|light winds from the ESE|
At Sandettie Buoy, 40 miles from Oostduinkerke.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||6||6||7|
Overall Oostduinkerke Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Oostduinkerke over a norma... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Oostduinkerke surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North Sea surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Oostduinkerke
Visitor Reviews of Oostduinkerke
Tide stations nearest to Oostduinkerke:
- Closest tide stationNieuwpoort2 mi
- Second closest tide stationKoksijde4 mi
- Third closest tide stationMiddelkerke6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationDe Panne6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOostende12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Oostduinkerke:
- Closest ski areaHellenthal-Skiarena Weisser Stein (Germany)168 mi
- Second closest ski areaThalfang-Erbeskopf (Germany)216 mi
- Third closest ski areaOlpe-Fahlenscheid (Germany)227 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWildewiese-Sundern (Germany)229 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBad Marienberg-Schorrberg (Germany)232 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Oostduinkerke:
- Closest city locationOstend (Belgium)11 mi
- Second closest city locationCoudekerque-Branche (France)16 mi
- Third closest city locationDunkerque (France)17 mi
- Fourth closest city locationIeper (Belgium)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRoeselare (Belgium)23 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Oostduinkerke is Oostende (Ostend) Airport (OST) in Belgium, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Oostduinkerke is Wevelgem (Kortrijk-vevelgem) Airport (QKT), also in Belgium, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Calais Dunkerque Airport (CQF) in France, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- Lesquin (Lille) Airport (LIL) in France is 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Manston Airport (MSE) in England is the fifth nearest airport to Oostduinkerke and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Oostduinkerke, North Sea. Use the tab navigation above to view Oostduinkerke sea temperature, Oostduinkerke photographs, Oostduinkerke detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Oostduinkerke webcams, current wind from North Sea live weather stations and Oostduinkerke tide predictions. The Belgium swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Belgium and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Belgium wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Oostduinkerke.