Ontonagon Spot ID
Best: Swell NNE | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 7.7 °C
Ontonagon in Lake Superior is an exposed beach break that has unreliable waves Offshore winds blow from the south. Short period wind swells are the rule and the best wave direction is from the north northeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Superior surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ontonagon
Tide stations nearest to Ontonagon:
- Closest tide stationShip Sands Island493 mi
- Second closest tide stationMoosonee496 mi
- Third closest tide stationRevillon Wharf497 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNicholson Creek499 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSand Head511 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ontonagon:
- Closest ski areaPorcupine Mountain6 mi
- Second closest ski areaIndianhead Mountain38 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Powderhorn Mountain47 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBlackjack SA49 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Zion49 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ontonagon:
- Closest city locationThunder Bay (Canada)108 mi
- Second closest city locationDuluth132 mi
- Third closest city locationSuperior133 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWausau134 mi
- Fifth closest city locationStevens Point164 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ontonagon is Sawyer International (Marquette) Airport (MQT) in USA, which is 139 km (86 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ontonagon is Thunder Bay Airport (YQT) in Canada, 165 km (102 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Yalinga Airport (AIG) in Central African Rep., 194 km (120 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ontonagon, Lake Superior. Use the tab navigation above to view Ontonagon sea temperature, Ontonagon photographs, Ontonagon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ontonagon webcams, current wind from Lake Superior live weather stations and Ontonagon tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ontonagon.