Ontario Beach-Rochester Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 3.8 °C
Ontario Beach-Rochester in Lake Ontario is an exposed beach break that has unreliable waves Works best in offshore winds from the south southeast. Short period wind swells are the rule and the best wave direction is from the north. Waves at the beach break both left and right. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Albany, New York, 314 km from Ontario Beach-Rochester.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Webster, 3 km from Ontario Beach-Rochester.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Ontario surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ontario Beach-Rochester
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Ontario Beach-Rochester:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break2 mi
- Second closest break27 mi
- Third closest break29 mi
- Fourth closest break47 mi
- Fifth closest break53 mi
Tide stations nearest to Ontario Beach-Rochester:
- Closest tide station195 mi
- Second closest tide station196 mi
- Third closest tide station196 mi
- Fourth closest tide station197 mi
- Fifth closest tide station199 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ontario Beach-Rochester is Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC) in USA, 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ontario Beach-Rochester is Trenton Airport (YTR) in Canada, 96 km (60 miles) away.
- Third is Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) in USA, 104 km (65 miles) away.
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) in USA is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ontario Beach-Rochester and is 117 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ontario Beach-Rochester, Lake Ontario. Use the tab navigation above to view Ontario Beach-Rochester sea temperature, Ontario Beach-Rochester photographs, Ontario Beach-Rochester detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ontario Beach-Rochester webcams, current wind from Lake Ontario live weather stations and Ontario Beach-Rochester tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ontario Beach-Rochester.